Mind My Child is a newly established, high quality, in-home child care service, conveniently located in Preston. Mind My Child caters for children aged between 6 months to 12 years of age.
I am a fully qualified child care worker having graduated with a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, as well as an Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management. With many years of experience and a love of working with children, I provide high quality education and care to meet all ACECQA standards of Childhood Education and Care, including implementing the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) into all programs. I regularly read and keep up to date with evidence based literature to ensure I am implementing best practice techniques.
I am a loving grandmother who draws from my personal experiences and knowledge of children to provide the best care possible. I am both passionate and dedicated to work with children and have volunteered and worked in multiple schools, childcare centres, special school settings and kindergarten centres for the past 20 years. In my free time, I enjoy reading, sewing, the outdoors and craft.
To create an inviting educational environment which fosters and promotes children to explore and learn through play as well as promote their social skills. We want our children to feel safe and confident to try out new activities and skills, preparing and instilling them with the confidence to be the best they can be in the future.
Mind My Child plans to offer specialised child care facilities for families with children with learning difficulties and/or special needs. We will be offering additional services as we expand throughout the year.
“Adventurous explorers today, confident little people tomorrow”
Mind My Child is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive environment to support the development of identity and sense of belonging. We believe that providing high quality child care makes a huge difference to a child’s early development. Our aim is to nurture adventurous explorers today, into confident little people tomorrow. We use the following philosophy to guide our learning and play by:
- Creating a sense of familiarity by establishing structured daily routines, including circle time, art sessions, indoor/outdoor play, snack/meal times, reading sessions, quiet time and physical play.
- Building a trusting environment to encourage children to experiment and use a variety of resources when problem solving, which helps in furthering their knowledge and skill set.
- Promoting learning and play with nature to instill values of caring for the environment around us.
- Encouraging language, social and play skills through modelling, role-play and regular interaction with children of all ages.
- Empowering children to make choices when working as a team and independently to foster a sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Promoting a sense of community and belonging by collaborating and planning with families to build on children’s interests and skill sets.
- Help create a cohesive environment between work and home by communicating with parents to establish and regularly review learning goals based around children’s development.
- Encouraging nutritious and healthy food and drink, with an emphasis on fresh and whole foods to promote good health and well being.
Conveniently located between Northland Shopping Centre and the Preston Markets
Hours of Operation
Operates from 7.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday